Our COVID19 Response
CURBSIDE PICKUP FAQ
Effective December 26th, 2020:
We will be shifting back to curbside and delivery service only during the province wide lockdown. We will not be open to the public. To place curbside orders please use our form found HERE
At this time some services will be suspended such as: key cutting, screen repair, in home visits. Propane fills (all locations) and skate sharpening (Bolton location only) will still be taking place.
Credit card and debit will be the only method of payment during the lockdown. Cash and gift cards will not be accepted. For Aeroplan we ask that you hang onto your receipts and can bring those back in once we are back open to the public.
Returns will be placed on hold during the lockdown. Items purchased between November 2020 and January 23 2021 will be honoured for 60 days after we resume to in-store traffic.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support as we all work through this together.
December 14, 2020 Zone update:
Barrie: Red - Control
Bolton and Georgetown: Grey - Lockdown
We monitor and control traffic in the store
To keep our staff and customers safe please refrain from entering the store if you are exhibiting any signs of illness or symptoms of Covid-19, OR you have recently returned from travel outside Canada.
We will have one entry point with limited customers entering at a time, customers to line up 6’ apart out front once our maximum number in store is reached.
We will still be offering curbside pickup/deliveries using our curbside order form https://payments.unitedlumber.ca/ and contractors are still welcome to go through their sales rep for orders.
Hand sanitizer station will be set up at the door, please use upon entry. We will be following strict sanitization and cleaning procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and customers. This includes wiping down pin pads, shopping carts/baskets, and door handles on a regular basis.
Face coverings are required for entry into our stores. Once inside please maintain social distancing (6' apart) Directional travel arrows will be on the floor to help traffic flow and help with distancing.
Services we are offering right now are: Propane fills, key cutting, screen repair, skate sharpening (Bolton location only)
UHual and FedEx services currently on hold.
Curbside Pick Up
How to make a purchase:
- Visit www.homehardware.ca to plan out your purchase taking note of item numbers to make for the quickest and easiest purchase process.
- Fill out our curbside pickup form found here. Make sure to choose a preferred pick up day/time.
- Our sales associates will build out your sale and advise you the cost of your purchase and follow up with an email so you can verify your purchase and be instructed how payment can be made.
- Once payment is made proceed to the store within your assigned date/time window. Should you arrive at the store outside of your scheduled time we may be unable to process your pick-up or you may be faced with significant delays. The best way to ensure you are able to receive your product in the most efficient manner is to arrive within your scheduled time frame.
- When you arrive at the store, park at one of our curbside pickup parking spaces. Call the phone number on the sign.
- Please remain in the vehicle until your order has arrived at which point once our employee has cleared the way you may load your order and check it for accuracy. If there is anything not as expected please call the store right away.
Any questions please email: [email protected] (Include which location you will pick up at)
or call the stores directly to speak with a sales associate
520 BAYFIELD STREET NORTH
12833 HWY 50 SOUTH
333 GUELPH STREET
Yard access: Restricted access will be set up for customers requiring yard pickups. If your order requires that you enter the yard for yard items our sales employee will advise you when you make the purchase and all store and yard items will be together for pick up in the yard. You would call the store when you arrive and proceed to the gate once advised to do so to be allowed access.
Customer In Home Site Visits
Some of our services require that we arrange appointments to enter customer homes for things such as measurements, etc. We will continue to offer these services under our new COVID‐19 customer site visit protocols. The employee arranging the appointment and visit is responsible for filling out our “COVID‐19 Customer Site Visit Protocols” form which can be found on the United Lumber training website. This form provides instruction on customer screening and PPE requirements. Employees must receive a satisfactory screening result from the customer to proceed with the site visit. The employee must sanitize before and after the visit and wear a mask at all times. The customer and any other attendees must also wear a mask during the appointment when in close proximity to the employee (ie. Answering the door, in the room where services are occurring, etc
Please check back soon for regular updates.